Tyssen Design was commissioned to redesign and rebuild Tennis Brisbane's existing website built with Joomla to not only give the site a new look, but also to make the process of adding and updating content by Tennis Brisbane staff much easier.
Although their previous site did have a content management system (CMS) in Joomla, they weren't very happy with the way it worked and how much of their site's content they were able to control.
Tennis Brisbane wanted to be able to manage their centres' regular schedule of events, display results of the various leagues played around Brisbane, provide a listing for each one of their centres with a map so people could find their closest centre, and also to display advertising on the site.
Apart from revamping the site with a contemporary, user-friendly design, we chose ExpressionEngine to replace Joomla as the site's CMS because we knew it was a firm favourite with our previous clients, would be up to the job of handling the various different types of content required on the site, and would be easy to use.
The Tennis Brisbane has a number of features including:
- Facebook integration on the home page
- news feeds from Tennis Australia including latest video
- a tennis centre locator map
- an ad management module for managing and displaying advertisements on their site and providing statistics for advertisers about how many times their ads are viewed
- a schedule of upcoming events
- tennis results and league tables
- image galleries
- a page for sponsors and their logos
All of this is easily managed from the control panel of the site's CMS.