ExpressionEngine (EE) is one of the most flexible, feature-rich systems available. Besides an impressive list of default features, ExpressionEngine can also be extended and upgraded with a variety of extensions, modules and plugins.
I've used ExpressionEngine on a variety of different sites and besides the usual editing capabilities available to site owners, I have also used it for blogs, listings, calendars, timetables, photo galleries, mailing lists, password-protected areas, directories, and ecommerce.
But the best feature of ExpressionEngine is its ability to be customised to each individual site’s needs. Both the public website and administration control panel can be customised to handle different types of content, so ExpressionEngine is the ideal solution for most small- to medium-sized web publishing requirements.
Some of the things you can do with ExpressionEngine
- Galleries: Easily create image galleries with captions; drag rows to reorder images.
- Files: Upload multiple files simultaneously and organise your assets as you’d like.
- Structure: Easily see your whole site’s hierarchy on a single page; drag and drop to reorder pages.
- Maps: Just enter an address to add points to a Google Map. Can be used for ‘store locator’ functionality too.
- Ecommerce: Control your products’ prices, options, stock levels and more all in the same place.
- Advertising: Display ads on your site and provide statistics to your advertisers.
- Timetables: Manage timetables for classes, events, opening hours, and more.
- Analytics: View your Google Analytics data right inside the ExpressionEngine control panel.
ExpressionEngine services for creative agencies
I'm a member of the ExpressionEngine Pro Network and have used ExpressionEngine for a great number of sites. As well as using ExpressionEngine as the CMS for many clients sites, I also provide ExpressionEngine installation, theming and customisation services for other creative agencies.